Waimea Canyon and Koke'e State Park day trip - Kauai Island
The island of Kauai is the oldest island in the Hawaiian archipelago and is also known as the Garden Island. With rainforests, waterfalls and streams, valleys and mountains, the diversity of the landscapes on this island is incredible. Waimea Canyon, also known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific and located on the west side of the island, is a Kauai must-see, with nature on display in all its glory. This tour will take you to some of the most beautiful places on the island and allow you to immerse yourself in Hawaiian tradition.
On the agenda for this excursion:
- The Horn Blowhole wind tunnel: this is a result of the waves rushing in between the large volcanic rocks. Observe water jets up to 20 meters high.
- The viewpoint at Hanapepe Valley: magnificent views of the island and the town of Hanapepe. This is also where Jurrasic Park was filmed.
- Hanapepe Swinging Bridge: a swinging creaky bridge that connects the two parts of Hanapepe town; you'll have the opportunity to cross this bridge that swings over the river.
- Meal at Waimea Cottage overlooking the ocean and black sandy beach; on the menu: chicken in a barrel BBQ.
- Koke'e State Park: on the west coast of Kauai, set off on a hike along an easily accessible trail. Observe the rare bird species found only on this island.
- Pu'u Hinahina Lookout: from one of the peaks of Waimea Canyon, gaze out at the vastness of the Grand Canyon of the Pacific.
- Kauai Coffee Plantation: head out on a walk through a coffee orchard leading you down to the ocean. Find out all there is to know about the coffee lifecycle, from flowering to roasting. Sample coffee grown in the orchard as you relax in the Hawaiian sun.